Sunday, September 1, 2013

Whole30 -- Day 1

Starting Weight: 250lb.

Before Picture:

Ugh -- That takes guts, folks.

Breakfast: Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns, Fried Eggs (in coconut oil, of course)

Snack: Cantaloupe, Black Coffee

gym: 3p-5p

Dinner: Turnip Greens, Salmon

Snack: Cantaloupe

Turnip greens didn't turn out well, going to have to call my grandmom and get her recipe. The salmon was delicious, though!


  • Recipe:
Salmon fillets, dried and rubbed with lemon pepper and sauteed in coconut oil. 3 mins each side on med. high heat. You'll get to where you know when it's time to flip, just watch the centers cook.

I made a batch of mac and cheese for the kids a couple of days ago and I keep re-using it. Tonight Bitsy ate Salmon and noodles and LOVED it. She also got to try a cantaloupe for the first time and loved it.

One of the things I am loving about this is that I am getting to learn how to cook a lot of different dishes, and I am also learning how to cook healthy food that tastes really good. If I can stick with this it's going to change a lot of things about me. And it's going to be better for my family. I can raise the kids to eat healthy. Anyway, rambling. 

Almost cheated after breakfast, but I had 2oz of juice (100% juice, no added sugar) and it helped get me through. Starting to have some tummy issues, but I guess that's to be expected when you go from the crazy carbs I was eating to hardly any at all. It's not so bad I can't deal. 

The email from Whole30 Daily helped a lot. I stuck some notes to myself around the kitchen. Keep out signs on the cabinet full of crackers and cookies (I have 2 kids, so I couldn't throw it all out) and a list of suggestions on what I can eat if I am too tired to come up with a recipe. Today has been easier than yesterday. I am excited to get back in the gym tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment